lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2023, 11:21 PM   #1
Uswjkf13
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 DCS cutting out at full throttle

details:

I have done all of this once before but forgot most of it as the last time i did upgrades was 2011.

1997 EZGO DCS 36 v

Batteries are new duracells from sams club (6mo old)
new charger same time as the batteries: sprance golfshop off of amazon. 36v 18 amps.

Charged before install of the items below. 44.5 v on the digital dash meter and verified with muti meter.

Replaced the ITS sensor and the accelerator pedal box micro switch ( all components in the floor board)

EZ mtr pkg 6 DCS 36v & FN-key ordered and installed this weekend. Admiral B2 motor and new alltrax controller along with new wires and new solenoid and resistors.

solenoid struggled to click initially but after switching the run/two switch a few times it did click and the cart came alive.

Took for a short drive (1/4 mile) about three times and each time the motor stopped at full throttle. also seemed to lack power on slight uphill.

Double checked all connections to insure they were tightened.

Put it back in the garage and back on the charger for the night. Will start tinkering and testing again in the am.

Thanks for the help.
Uswjkf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2023, 07:43 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 DCS cutting out at full throttle

Check to ensure the controller is set to ITS throttle and that the B2 field map is loaded.
Ensure the controller LED status light turns orange at wide open throttle Cart on, in neutral. Or check in the monitor file that the throttle progress bar is going 0-100% during the same pedal test.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 09:46 AM   #3
Uswjkf13
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. Downloaded software this morning and will perform those tests this afternoon and let you know what I find.
Old 05-29-2023, 10:08 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uswjkf13 View Post
Thank you. Downloaded software this morning and will perform those tests this afternoon and let you know what I find.
If the problem persists collect a monitor file recording the problem and share that file with us.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:05 PM   #5
Uswjkf13
Not Yet Wild

I ran the test and after completing the break in the motor is not shutting down. Throttle is at 100%, ITS is selected and the B2 map is installed. Seems to be normal on that end.

The solenoid still has an issue. when i turn the key on it doesn't click. If I move the tow/run switch back and forth a few times it will click and run. Stays engaged while driving and when parked for very short periods and then it goes off again and I have to move the tow run switch to get it click. Just a guess but I'm thinking the tow run switch has an issue?

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO