lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2023, 04:54 PM   #1
wb133220
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Club Car weird issue

I was gifted a 1993 36V Club Car that had what was described as a weird intermittent issue. This is one of the older carts that had/has a controller. The previous owner had the controller replaced supposedly for the same weird issue. It now has an Alltrax controller. I got the batteries c charged up and tried he cart out. Nothing beyond solenoid click. I turned it off with plans to investigate the next day. Next day I turned the with and depressed the pedal and to my surprise away it went. I cruised around the neighborhood for several minutes with no issue then returned home and parked/charged the batteries. Next day it once again failed to operate. I put this project on the back burner until a friend convinced b=me to sell him the cart for cheap. He put new batteries in it and first time out it ran fine for one day then displayed the same no-go problem I had seen. He check all wiring, v-glide, etc and could not find any issues. He did fin d he could disconnect the batteries and then reconnect them and the cart would run until it was turned off again. He replaced the controller thinking that was the issue but still has the same problem. Disconnect/reconnect the batteries and the cart will run fine until turned off again. I have asked several cart "mechanics" and this far nobody has any ideas. Hoping someone here has experienced a similar issue. Ideas?
wb133220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2023, 05:47 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1993 Club Car weird issue

With Alltrax, you can hook up a laptop and get a log of what's going on when it doesn't run. It will tell you everything! Great software.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:23 PM   #3
beaverislander
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have an older 85" C.C. DS that I converted to 48, with Alltrax, and this sounds familiar. After a full charge mine usually wont budge.... period. I have to play with the peddle for a few seconds and then it takes off like a raped ape. Be careful whats around you the first couple seconds after charging!
beaverislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:33 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just because the solenoid clicks doesn’t mean it’s good. Especially a stock solenoid with an upgraded controller, the contacts can arc and eventually quit making a connection internally. It’ll still click like it should though
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:57 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My solenoid failure was with an aftermarket high current solenoid. (not a clone - from a site sponsor) A mechanical failure not related to the contacts. I went back to a stock solenoid.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car