lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Grounding Toggle Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Question 1: Can the ground of each toggle switch be daisy chained toggle to toggle and a single ground from the last toggle back to a ground bar or do I have to run a separate ground for each toggle back to the ground bar??
You can daisy chain the grounds from your toggle switches. Note: Nothing on an electric cart gets grounded to the frame, it all needs to terminate on a negative battery connection.

Question 2. I have a Master Toggle to turn the power reducer (48v side) on and off. What kind of resister do I need to go through for this setup.
You don't need a resistor on the master if you are just supplying 48v to the converter. Don't forget to fuse it accordingly.
I used a 30 amp 48v relay for $4.00 and wired it to the ignition switch so the converter comes on with the ignition.
Here's the relay: https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...0001_611928_-1
Doug, I'll pick up a couple of the relays. Is there a matching plug or do you just use individual connectors?
Checkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Grounding Toggle Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkride View Post
Doug, I'll pick up a couple of the relays. Is there a matching plug or do you just use individual connectors?
I think you only need 1 relay but I think they have a minimum order of $10, free shipping.
The connectors are just standard female spade crimp connectors.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO