lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My 93 E-Z-GO Build

I have my 4 inch lift on, (will post pics later) now what size tires can i get on it? Do i need to adjust the float? its running fine, just tilting the motor back like that seems like it would affect the carburator float.
doozerann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 93 E-Z-GO Build

No need to change anything (except perhaps the flex tube from the carb to the airbox and possibly lengthen the fuel line) - I'm running a 5" lift on my 88 (basically the same cart frame-wise) with 22X11-8's all around, but my buddy is also running that size on a 93 with a 4" lift and it's all good (keep in mind you'll need wheel spacers to use your stock rims with those tires, the other option is to buy neww offset rims for $14 each)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Brew, I have a nice set of spokes on stock rims i want to use, so what size spacers ya think i'll need?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
I'm running a 5" lift on my 88 (basically the same cart frame-wise) with 22X11-8's all around, but my buddy is also running that size on a 93 with a 4" lift and it's all good (keep in mind you'll need wheel spacers to use your stock rims with those tires, the other option is to buy neww offset rims for $14 each)
I'm planning on doing a 3" Jakes lift so I can keep my 8" rims. I didn't really want to buy new rims along with everything else at this time.

I had forgotten about needing wheel spacers if I use my stock rims. I can't remember reading anything other then needing them. Could you give me, or direct me to where I can find more specific information of wheel spacers. Such as what you use. Thanks.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm thinking lay a board across the stock rim/tire measure in to center then do the same with new tire, the difference should be the spacer size.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
reinman88
Gone Wild

If I understand this, the new tire will be wider then the old one. So you have to know how much wider and half of that width would be the spacer needed.

Do I have that right?

What is used for the spacer?
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something like this: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ezg....c0.m270.l1313

The price of spacers caused me to buy the offset rims. Adding spacers was, to me, not as practical as the offset rims. Just my opinion. Your opinion is all that matters.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
holeysocks
Getting Wild

I have a 1984 that I would like to run the same tires 22x11-8 would the offset wheels work with this cart and where can i find offset wheels for $14
holeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Brew, I have a nice set of spokes on stock rims i want to use, so what size spacers ya think i'll need?
I like your idea of measuring first, given the fact that most of the "custom" rims out there already have an offset. The magic number on my Marathon was 2" per rim in the rear, and 1" in the front, but again, with your rims it may be different numbers or a non-issue to use spacers.

Here's the auction number to the set I bought for the rear, they do other sizes for the front too (well built, fast delivery, etc): 180367977550

As to the $14 offset rims, BuggiesUnlimited carries them in Black or White, if you're not in a hurry sign up for their newsletter via Email as they often run 10-15% off specials, free shipping weekends, etc
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I put a 4" lift with 10" tires. I got them from e-bay and they are kind of skinny like rhino tires. They seem to fit good and the cart still runs fine with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110209_143113.jpg (96.4 KB, 26 views)
mikeevans860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO