lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Confused about which cart fits my needs...

Guys, I currently have a 2007 ezgo txt - series cart . It's all stock. Everything works as it should and the cart seems to be dependable. I currently have it for sale as I was planning on buying an older(2004)PDS cart. I've been doing a lot of reading here tonight and I'm starting to wonder if selling it is the correct option. I want to put knobby tires on it but keep the same size, but I would like the cart to have a little more power in the hills, maybe I would be money ahead to just keep this cart and buy an upgrade from scottyb ? What do you think?
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Confused about which cart fits my needs...

I should note its 36 volt electric with onboard charger.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You might be better off just upgrading the series drive 07 you already have.
The series carts make more torque than the PDS sepex carts. They are better suited to hard work like hills, soft, or rough ground. The PDS carts are a better choice if you are looking for a speedy cart. Keeping the tire size small will help minimize torque loss through gear ratio increase. I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ya know I think you're right, I live on 40 acres of hills and trails and woods, my wife has a PDS cart and she can blow by me going up a hill so an upgrade is needed somewhere, I was checking out your site, and doing more research to make sure I make the right decision the first time.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
John C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got a '07 TXT series cart as well, but I'm running a 6" lift and 23" tires, did a scottyb upgrade and all is good. I did a lot of reading on here as well and the series cart better suited what I wanted to do with mine, creeping around some trails and the park. PDS carts, from the reading I've done, didn't seem to take the creeping very well, they get hot. Been well pleased after the upgrade with my series cart.
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO