lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
TeddyLin
Not Yet Wild

Default Which gas golf cart should I buy?

I'm stuck between buying two different golf carts right now.

The first is a 1993 Club Car Golf Cart. It's a 4 stroke. The asking price is $600.

Pros: The cart is running and running quite well. It has a new battery, throttle cable, and governor cable. The headlights are also very bright. The cart overall seems to be in good condition and because it's a Club Car, it doesn't have any rust. The tread on the tires are also very good. Compression test on it yields 55 psi which I'm told is good.

Cons: It doesn't have a roof and I need one. It does not currently have the brackets to mount a roof either. How much would this cost to do myself? It doesn't have taillights. How hard is it to do this? Also, there is no windshield. Lastly, it idles rather rough (is it supposed to idle with sound at all?) and is quite loud on full throttle. How many decibels is normal?

The second is a 1992 Club Car Golf Cart. It's a 4 stroke. The asking price is $1,200.

Pros: Everything on it currently works. The cart is in immaculate condition how old it is. The crankshaft is brand new and the oil filters and engine bay are clean as a whistle. There's a roof and a windshield.

Cons: The asking price is $1,200 and I'll need to spend at least another $50.00 to pick it up with a trailer.

Thanks for the help!
TeddyLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which gas golf cart should I buy?

The 92 thats complete is probably a better deal overall.
a new roof and struts for the 93 will put you at almost the same price and you still dont know why its running rough.
they are the same cart, club car changed to the fe 290 ohv engine in 92. 92 and 93 are the same and some changes were made in 94.
hope this helps.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I would go for the 92. As dmi518 said you would be in to the 93 for about the same amount of money and still have to deal with the engine.
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

55PSI is low for compression test. Way Low.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camshaft, no canopy, no roof, stuck
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car