lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default The 03 DS saga has begun…lol 36- 48v no more toaster

Well I started out sourcing parts for one build and transitioned into a different set of folks.

Got most of the parts assembled and then went to pick up the cart from a barn as my boss said to get it ready by father’s day….. man retired life has deadlines! Weather was supposed to be clear… translated, huge thunderstorms and hail coming back. Sunny Florida:). And lightening blew all the gfi in my garage, so a later start… Murphy rules.

Got most everything thing out. Trying to sort out the hodge podge of accessory wiring before I cut something I need. Also got the new shoes mounted first thing this am.

All the old toaster stuff came right out easypeasy . The batteries weren’t too bad thanks to alieve.

Not to much acid to neutralize so that was good. Have a couple battery supports to reinforce, but that is to be expected.

I am assuming the new go pedal gets mounted flat :) using the template would put it on an angle up the firewall. But it all came right out, now where does that L thingy go

… baby steps… and off to home depot for some aluminum.
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #2
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: The 03 DS saga has begun…lol 36- 48v no more toaster

I’m thinking this lift kit should have more than two bolts in it… smdh. Looking at the steering joints, that explains the steering. Wonder if this lift kit is even installed correctly.
Oh the lift kit has a Jake’s sticker on the front and made in China on the rear… nice. Father in laws cart
A few more photos.. trying to match photos of what it should look like to what it actually does.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #3
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: The 03 DS saga has begun…lol 36- 48v no more toaster

Got it running today. Man what a performance upgrade. 48v , Alltrax and Admiral motor. Pops will be pleased. Need to turn down the pedal a bit on the start, 8% can still lurch ;). Have the speed set at 60% and it is about what it was before without any lag on hills. I don’t think I ill tell him about the kiddie switch.

Wiring got a bit messy at the end. Poor planning and a couple hot humid days took its toll on me. Need to figure out reverse buzzer and reduced speed reverse (I bought the wrong switch)

Got a good deal on tires from a guys shed, bought for his son who rejected them as not looking cool. Never mounted. And they were even one of the brands I was looking at. Not a lot of tread depth but smooth on the road.

Still a few things to tighten up before it gets loaded on the trailer and taken over for fathers day.
A big thank you for Scotty for replying to dumb questions. Reading directions was never my strong suit.
Biggest time was figuring out where to mount everything and sorting out the mess of wiring. I pulled out 10 inline fuse holder! But there were only five circuits…. The voltage reducer and fuse block are well worth it. I would have been ahead time wise to have purchased a harness

Any diy brake kits for old lift kits without any support?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car