lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
JMGallant
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas EZGO engine oil...

While on vacation my employee's thought they would be helpful and add oil to the company EZGO gas golf cart as it was showing low on the dipstick. Apparently they added too much. When I returned a week later I was told the cart was having issues. I immediately drained the oil completely as it needed an oil change anyways. I put the 1.5 qts back in and it was still running rough. I found out that one of the spark plugs was bad so I replaced them both. Then I found the wire wasn't connecting well so I got that fixed. Now the cart runs well but smokes a lot and oil seems to be coming back into the air filter housing through the carb. What long term issues might I be looking at for this engine? Will it continue to smoke until it burns off the oil or am I looking at a bigger issue with this engine now.

All help is greatly appreciated. I'm by no means a mechanic but can fix some issues.
JMGallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas EZGO engine oil...

I think you will be ok, probably oil in the muffler.

What year is yours? On the early ones the crankcase vent tube was hooked
to the air filter box and think the later ones were hooked to the carburator.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I also believe it will be ok. I know the manual says 1.5 qts but I always put a hair less just because I know that all of it might not have made it out.. Like was said you prob have some oil in the muffler as well as the air cleaner. Just keep an eye on it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
flatsfishinfool
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds right. Blowing thru crank vent, burning in the muffler. Probably gonna take a while to clear it out just running it. Just put a new CT Rebuilds 350 in my workhorse. They told me 1.3 to 1.5 qts of 30 weight. Before you lift it, Mark the dipstik. Told me the engine sits angled towards the left and not to overfill it.
flatsfishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
wearehooked
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a similar problem after a partial rebuild of a newly acquired '98 lifted gas model. I filled the oil to the level mark and had oil blowing out the air breather. What I found searching here and other sites is what is posted above. When lifted the reading is different on the dipstick so I actually added a lot more than required. After draining the excess the cart has been running fine. I think discovering the problem early is the key.
wearehooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO