lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
Danny_jessica2000
Not Yet Wild

Default Robin EC25-3PG Issues

Hello everyone,

I have an EZ GO Gas golf cart model # F0190 Serial #591698 with a Robin EC25-3pg engine in it. It belongs to a friend that bought it not running. It originally had an oil injector system but the previous owner had removed it and was running mixed fuel. He said that it made a "pop" sound and would not run after that. It has 100psi of compression and will only run at very high rpms (using battery charger in engine start mode) and only for a short period of time. After it starts if you back off of the throttle at anytime it dies. I have cleaned the carburetor, replaced the crank case gasket, head gasket, reed valve gaskets, carburetor gaskets and spark plug. While I had it apart I honed the cylinder walls as they had some minor scoring. With an inline spark tester it is getting consistent fire to the plug. Is there something I am missing or something I can check? I don't want to start throwing parts at it.

Thanks,

Danny
Danny_jessica2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Robin EC25-3PG Issues

Sounds like crank seals.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

YEP !!
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:53 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Crank seals and/or bad throttle cable adjustment. Make sure that the butterfly is opening in concert with the pedal. It should close completely just before the pedal microswitch opens. That engine, if it backfires (which can be due to bad throttle adjustment) can blow out the crank seals which will cause all sorts of "fun".
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I would pull off the fuel line into the carburetor and point it into a collection jar. Now crank the engine (with the rear wheels in the air). Do you see big healthy jets of fuel? If you see a trickle or a dribble then this would point to the crankshaft seals needing replacement.

The theory behind this is that as the piston moves up and down it creates positive and negative pressure in the crankcase, this does two things.

It operates the diaphragm in the fuel pump and,
It allows for the transfer of fuel from the crankcase to the cylinder.

Without a good seal on the crankcase this pressure is lost and the engine will barely run if at all.

The good news is that the parts are fairly cheap, ~$7 last time I looked, the bad news is that it is quite the job and you will need a clutch puller and a two arm steering wheel puller.

Good luck

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:18 AM   #6
Danny_jessica2000
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone!

Danny
Danny_jessica2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO