lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default G1 on air.....maybe?

I have my G1 running great. I am contemplating putting air shocks at all four corners and having an onboard compressor/tank setup to regulate them. I have looked over a few other threads on EZGOs doing this. I am not 100% sure that I want to commit, but I like the idea. I do not want to fabricate a lot of stuff and would just like a bit of travel up and down. Anyone tried this or know of something that would make it impossible? Plan to get started in about a month if I can get all the parts together.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: G1 on air.....maybe?

I just installed four air shocks on my BadBoyBuggie/EZGO limo. I have not had enough time to form a solid opinion yet. I have only tried a few different pressure settings yet. They are stiff at low speeds and much nicer at faster speeds. My cart is big and heavy your G1 would be a lot lighter so I don't think the ones I am using will work well. Gabriel HiJackers Air Shocks 49105.

I spent manny hours searching for air shocks that would work in the stock mounts for my cart and the ones I picked were the only thing I could find, everything else either had too little travel or the wrong end mounts. I figured adjusting the pressure would make them right but I am still testing.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
1970buick
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
I just installed four air shocks on my BadBoyBuggie/EZGO limo. I have not had enough time to form a solid opinion yet. I have only tried a few different pressure settings yet. They are stiff at low speeds and much nicer at faster speeds. My cart is big and heavy your G1 would be a lot lighter so I don't think the ones I am using will work well. Gabriel HiJackers Air Shocks 49105.

I spent manny hours searching for air shocks that would work in the stock mounts for my cart and the ones I picked were the only thing I could find, everything else either had too little travel or the wrong end mounts. I figured adjusting the pressure would make them right but I am still testing.
How much travel are you getting? Do you run an onboard compressor?
Old 02-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

No compressor yet, still looking. I don't want to buy junk but some of them are quite pricy.

I would like valves for all four corners a tank and pump, but thats a bunch of money!

The travel is same as the stock shocks.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

G1 front suspension design is gonna do this /-\ when low and \-/ when high (thats how your wheels are gonna look).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-23_18-03-03_247.jpg (195.6 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #6
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

He knows what he is talking about.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #7
1970buick
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
G1 front suspension design is gonna do this /-\ when low and \-/ when high (thats how your wheels are gonna look).
What I am looking to do is drop it when I park it so wheel stance isn't an issue. I assume I could lift it to where it is right and drive it that way. I have plenty of other carts that are lifted or stock height but I just think it would be cool looking to park this, hit a switch and drop it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha