lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with 86 Marathon

Hey guys,pulled the motor to replace crank seals.Put it back together and it will not smooth out.With the cart on jack stands it revs up but sounds like s&&%.Missing out is what it sounds like.I marked the crank and put everything back as it was.I did put a new carb on,but that isn't it as I put the old one back on and it still won't run as it should.Could I have put something back wrong? Does this sound familiar?I know this isn't much to go on but any ideas?
hillcountrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with 86 Marathon

Did you do anything else besides the seals? What all did you take apart? Check for air leaks between the carb and block.
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Checked for air leaks.All that came off was stator,flywheel and clutch.Also ran the same with both carbs but no leaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan44 View Post
Did you do anything else besides the seals? What all did you take apart? Check for air leaks between the carb and block.I did take off all electrical,but you know that.I don't think it is electrical.

Last edited by hillcountrymac; 04-19-2015 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: add more
Old 04-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Did you pull the fuel pump apart to check the diaphragms?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Also took off all electrics,you know starter gen stuff.Don't think is electrical.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO