lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
N2snow2
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Steering

I purchased a 2013 yamaha drive from an estate they said it was used a handfull of times and I believe it it's like new I took it straight to the dealer and had lights and rear seat on it having problem with steering wondering there's no damage not even a scratch on undercarriage is there an adjustment in steering box what would you recommend cart is stock no lift factory tires was thinking about a lift but it's scary the way it is.....
N2snow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2015, 06:49 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Steering

I would have to think an "arm,knuckle or "s" arm is bent, maybe even a tie rod. Check the front end alighnment. I really like the toe in set at "zero" on G29's.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2snow2 View Post
I purchased a 2013 yamaha drive from an estate they said it was used a handfull of times and I believe it it's like new I took it straight to the dealer and had lights and rear seat on it having problem with steering wondering there's no damage not even a scratch on undercarriage is there an adjustment in steering box what would you recommend cart is stock no lift factory tires was thinking about a lift but it's scary the way it is.....

When you say you're having trouble with steering, what exactly do you mean? Is it hard turning, does it feel "squirelly" like all over the road when you drive it, or is it just way out of alignment?
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #4
N2snow2
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Sorry it just wonders all over doesn't pull feels loose
N2snow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It probably "is" factory original (with lousy toe setting from the factory). Set the toe-in to between "0" and "1/8 inch" toe-in. Factory specs (if they set it right, many werent) is "between 1/8 and 3/8 inch toe in", i always aim for the lowest end of the spec. Drives are prone to changes to settings with weight, so you might want to set it with someone on the cart seat to make the suspension loaded more realistically (ever seen a cart driving with no one on it, if so, stay away from it ).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha