lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #11
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: speakers

I have the older, non-Bluetooth model in my boat and it works very well even at moderately loud listening levels. We did add a dedicated amp for the subs because that would be asking too much for this little all in one. I like it so much, I just ordered the new model for my cart!
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #12
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Gregorio, What model did you order? I have noticed that there are several models; ms30, ms30bt, ms30btr and a couple others. I have been trying to compare them all morning and even called Jensen, but not luck. The one that I was told about was supposed to have the built in amp and is Bluetooth. With all the companies selling these products, you wonder if there are knock off brands.

JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #13
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

I bought the MS30BT on ebay which appears to be also called MS30BTR. These are the newer model numbers with Bluetooth.

The models without Bluetooth are MS30, MS30RTL, MS30PS, and maybe others but they all appear to be the same. It might be a vendor specific part numbering scheme.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #14
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Gregorio, I wondered about this. I found a comparison for the BT and RTL and like you stated, the RTL did not have Bluetooth. I found several on amazon and it seems the BT model is always higher than the BTR. Not sure why, but if it the exact same unit, then I am all for the cheaper version.

JD
Old 04-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #15
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

DONT DO IT! I used to sell a lot of those until they all started coming back with water in them. They are based of the Clarion Remote (Also a jensen Company) so i figured should be good. Unfortunately not. Now i was selling and installing on BOATS so water all the time may be ok on the cart.....Why not just do an amp and bluetooth adapter. Thats what I'm about to do. In the process of a custom box build then 4ch Amp with bluetooth adapter to 2 x JL7.7" and 1 JL8" Sub....
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

You must have gotten a bad batch. These are pretty ubiquitous in pleasure boats. My non-BT model has been splashed dozens of times a year while wakeboarding and never missed a beat.

Looked at the BT amp setups and decided that AM/FM was a must for following local sports. Not many other solutions in the $130 price range that have all these features. If you know of another self contained product that can do AM/FM/USB/AUX/BT, I'm all ears.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #17
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Nope thats about it....I have seen some Chinese amps with am/fm..but who knows on quality...I just stream everything even the local FM on I-Heart radio and Football games on my Fins APP!!!!
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #18
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Cdebo1, I have been researching Bluetooth enabled amps and can't seem to find just the amp and for under $100. What are your costs looking like and what exactly are you talking about amp with Bluetooth adapter? I will research that, as I wait on your reply. I really like the idea of have a small stereo head that had Bluetooth and amp built in, but I had a guy tell me today at the radio shop to look into the amps with Bluetooth. I am open to all suggestions and the amp w/Bluetooth seems to be the way to go. However; I want to keep my costs down, otherwise I may as well buy one of the self contained units. Thanks.

JD
Old 04-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TZOAR0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TZOAR0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I just installed, and for the money I am quite happy with it. More than ample, distortion-free power to push a pair of big wakeboard cans, small and easily hidden as well as waterproof, and as I mentioned in an earlier post here, the BT controller literally pops right into a cupholder (the cable runs out through the drain hole into the dash so literally not a single hole to cut) ... The BT pairing is quite fast and the range is good (I can walk around with my phone in my pocket off the cart and not lose connection for quite a distance) - all in all, for the price and performance point it's hard to beat this little amp!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #20
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Brew, this is exactly what I was looking for. I tell you I must be plagued by the search demons, because I spent nearly 4hrs yesterday at work & home looking for something like this and all I could find was the Pyle PylarMP1a and other small amps. None of which had Bluetooth. Oh well, thanks for the help. I am probably going to order this today.

JD
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha