lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default 1989 Ezgo security

It's been awhile since Ive posted but I have just been enjoying using my cart with very minimal problems. I have a lot of $ and time invested in this cart and I would like to keep it. I go to a lot of races and leave the cart at the lake a lot and would like to deter any possible thieves. I was thinking about adding a hidden ignition switch leaving the original switch and wires as a decoy. I was also thinking about a switch sequence to start the cart but im not sure how to wire that up has anyone on here done this? I would also like some sort of mechanical lock but im not sure what is the best bet. I know they make a pedal lock and a "club" style lock but not sure how well they work. I realize this will not keep a dedicated thief from stealing it but it will deter probably 90% of thieves looking for quick loot. Let me know your ideas!!

cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 Ezgo security

A hidden switch in line with your key switch would prevent somebody driving it away.

The hard part is figuring out how to prevent the push it away, or put it on a trailer type thieves.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1989 Ezgo security

I have noticed that gps locator devices are fairly cheap but they require a monthly fee as far as I can tell. I know this is fairly fancy but we have a lot invested in our carts and I don't want it growing legs haha.
cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO