lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 DS No crank

I have a 1999 Club Car DS, Gas cart. It has been working well for the past few weeks since I put a new key switch in it and now all of the sudden it won't crank (At first it was intermittent). I know this issue is something simple I just can't think of it. I am getting batt voltage on both sides of the coil. <-- (I know this is supposed to tell me what the issue is, just can't remember what it means).
MillionAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 DS No crank

Ok, so little update. I'm getting voltage to both sides of the starter solenoid coil when not pushing the accelerator pedal down. When I press the pedal it drops to .188 volts. Seems like something is backwards or something?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Check your SG brushes. Sounds like maybe it needs new ones.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 AM   #4
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

SG = Starter Generator, correct? Is that a normal issue when the voltage is on both sides of the starter solenoid coil before cranking?
Old 09-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

check your battery - hook a jumper pack up and see if it fires up
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I took out the SG and checked the brushes and they seem tall. I was told that they were replaced a little over a year ago and we don't use the cart that often. When I try to start it I can feel and hear the starter solenoid click but it just isn't cranking. I wanted to try the hand spinning method and see if it will start that way but I am not positive on how to do it and I don't want to mess anything up trying. Also, could the white/black wire that goes from the key-switch to the micro-switch to the rev speed relay create this problem? I just changed the key-switch out from a wireless key fob to a key-switch. Also, I think I already said this but when not attempting to crank the cart I am getting battery voltage on both sides of the coil of the starter solenoid. When I go to crank it voltage drops down to about .285 and the solenoid just makes one strong click and still does not crank.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

I just wanted to update this thread and let you guys know I figured out the issue. It was the second set of micro-switches. (The Neutral Lockout limit switch) I went to take it off and it literately fell apart.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:45 AM   #8
bigcee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you solved it! So because that switch wasn't working, it thought you were in neutral the whole time?
bigcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car