lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
Scooterbug13
Not Yet Wild

Default '98 EZGO with a 12.5 Predator motor worth?

Hello everyone

Wondering if I could get a good idea of what a '98 EZGO golf cart with a 12.5 hp Predator motor would be worth?

I guess the 12.5 hp is an older model? As, I see they now offer a 12 hp.

The guy that has it says it runs fine, I've not went to look at it yet. With it having this motor, I'm afraid I'd be buying trouble.

I saw a thread on here about Predator motors but it mostly discusses a 22 hp, and there wasn't really much feedback from users who actually had one in their carts.

I'm not looking to go crazy on it, normal camping site stuff. On the road mostly.

What would a '98 be worth with this motor?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Scooterbug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '98 EZGO with a 12.5 Predator motor worth?

Depends on how the cart is built and it's condition.

How much is a 98 pickup truck worth?... Same idea. Need lots more info.

Don't worry too much about the predator. It's just another clone motor. Ask him what mods have been done to the motor first off. Give the cart a general look over. Ask if the cart has reverse... Sounds dumb, but if he used an electric cart rear diff then it won't have reverse.

Then go listen to the cart and give it a drive.

Does it take off from a stop really well? Does it accelerate nicely? Does it sound like it is running well? How does it handle when driving slow? When driving full speed? What about braking? If it's a high-speed cart it may need better than stock brakes.

Does it have the original (or original style) Harbor Freight starter? If it has a regular golf-cart style starter/generator that's better. If it has the Harbor Freight starter then it probably only has the 3A charging circuit so it may not even keep up with charging the battery and so you may need to charge it separately on occasion.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO