lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #1
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

Default Help identifying basket case cart

Have a ezgo basket case cart with a bed. Serial number A10762. Manuf code 83126. Tried the ezgo site and it had no listing for that serial number. This cart has a 244cc engine (seized tight) and the entire bed and seating area flip up to access engine compartment. What is this? Where can I find a manual for this? Engine and cradle have been removed as well as a bunch of wiring and selenoids. Any help identifying would be appreciated. New to carts....I have been tasked with rebuilding this for a local scout camp, will probably not be the last one they find for me.......in the meantime i will read the stickies to get started
rbradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help identifying basket case cart

83. 2 stroke, 2pg that that was the red headed step child from the other years. The exhaust was different
The bed, and seating area all flipping up for access sounds weird. The Harley carts flip up like that.

We really need to see pictures
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

About a level 7-8. No top fuel stuff. Know my way around my tools
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (234.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

That bed looks home built to me. Also looks like the 83 sideways muffler.

Do you have any pictures of the engine, so we can see what is there, and what is missing?

I have posted an 85 manual. The exhaust is different, but I believe most of the other stuff is the same.

EDIT: Post #13 of this thread has an 85 manual. The internal engine stuff is the same. I know the exhaust is different, I don't know about external accessories. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ml#post1213923
Old 12-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

A side view. Thought I uploaded both
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (227.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Factory bed. GXT800 1988 or older.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Does the engine have an internal, or external starter/generator?

I was thinking that you put the letter in front of the serial number by mistake, but it could be a 1976.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #8
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

The unit has an external starter/generator. I poster another picture of the interior of the engine compartment under a 83, industrial variant. Tried posting two pictures but only one loaded. Unit has coil springs in the rear instead of leaf springs. Started soaking driven clutch with penetrating oil and ordered a clutch removal tool. I can post more pictures if needed. I received unit with engine and engine mount removed. Have two mufflers that we're in the bed. One vertical and one horizontal. There is also a head pipe to attach to the horizontal muffler assembly....I hate to sound dopey....but how do these things back up? There is an electrical directional switch.....no wires and no obvious place to connect to.still haven't had much time to do anything with it. My employer expects me to work on company stuff......instead of the new toy motor. Jeeeez. They just don't get it.....
Old 12-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbradk View Post
The unit has an external starter/generator. I poster another picture of the interior of the engine compartment under a 83, industrial variant. Tried posting two pictures but only one loaded. Unit has coil springs in the rear instead of leaf springs. Started soaking driven clutch with penetrating oil and ordered a clutch removal tool. I can post more pictures if needed. I received unit with engine and engine mount removed. Have two mufflers that we're in the bed. One vertical and one horizontal. There is also a head pipe to attach to the horizontal muffler assembly....I hate to sound dopey....but how do these things back up? There is an electrical directional switch.....no wires and no obvious place to connect to.still haven't had much time to do anything with it. My employer expects me to work on company stuff......instead of the new toy motor. Jeeeez. They just don't get it.....
Its a GXT800. For reverse the engine runs backwards. (not joking)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #10
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

Gxt800 looks to be the model. Engine plate reads ec25-2PG. Motor# 87-06111

I would not have thought the engine direction would reverse to back it up. That was a no s*^t moment for me....Thank you. I'll make the assumption that A1&A2 on the starter/generator control the engine start direction. Ground was obvious.

I am looking for a hard copy manual...if anyone can point me in the right direction. I do believe I have most of the parts to get it running again. Going to order a rebuild kit. Which suppliers support this forum?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO