lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #11
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another Idiot and a EZGO

OK, what concerns me here is "runs great for about 15 min. Then it bogs down to the point it won't climb a hill." I would not think valve adjustment, as if it is good cold, it should be pretty darn close hot, only changing a few thousandths.
I would really like to know more about how it "bogs" down. Is it fat, thin, ignition, etc? When driving it and it bogs, does giving it slight choke help, hurt or make no difference? Does it come on slowly, gradually getting worse, or is it running fine, then just bogs down?
This is really difficult to do with something like this on the net! can be rough with it in the shop! Do you have any of the old parts? In racing, you NEVER put a new part on a car for a race unless you have no choice. You always want to "prove" that the part is good so you use it first in testing or qualifying runs. I see you had a laundry list of parts put on. Those are all possible issues. If you can get more data on exactly what is happening.
When it bogs down and loses power, does it die or keep running just poorly? I suppose when it bogs down, you could do a very quick compression test to see if you are losing compression or if it is something else.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2016, 04:28 AM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Might also read through this..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...only-idle.html
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #13
hawghunter1
Not Yet Wild

That happened to me and it was crap in the fuel that plugged the filters. Changed out the filters and it ran fine. The craze thing was, it would run for approx 15 minutes then bog down and quit.
hawghunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #14
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would check spark when it bogs down and dies coils are known to work when cold then stop once they get warmed up
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #15
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

I had a 94 that would run about 10 to20 minute's then bog down and stop. five or ten minutes later it would fire right up run for a while and quit again. turned out to be the coil. the way I figured it out, a buddy of mine was with me when it quit. He open the seat and poured water around the body of the coil to cool down the coil. the motor started right up. replaced the coil and no more problems.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO