lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
1983 ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 ezgo runs poorly

I am having trouble with my 83 ezgo running properly after putting a new carberator on,i adjusted it as i have read to 1 and ahalf turns out.the oil tank has been removed so i pre mix my gas,my problem is that my cart will run fine when the oil line is off but gas spits out of the hole where the oil line connects.everything i have read says to plug the oil line,but when i do the cart wont run.as soon as i pull 5he plugged line off the cart runs fine again exept fo the leaking gas coming out of the oil line
1983 ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #2
1983 ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 83 ezgo runs poorly

If i plug off the oil line that goes into the carberator will i have to readjust the carberator at a different setting to make it run properly?
1983 ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Jamesray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same cart and although mine is still equipped with an oil pump i cant see any reason why it would not run with it blocked . If you are running premix then the fuel ratio would be about the same .I have no clue .
Jamesray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It sounds like it is starving for air.

You should remove the oil banjo from the top of the intake elbow, and plug the hole with a 6mm screw.

Check to make sure your choke is fully open, and that your air filter is free, and clear.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO