lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Saybybilly
Not Yet Wild

Default Help With EZGO TXT Golf Cart

Hello everyone, I'm trying to help my 84 year old father with his EZGO TXT gas golf cart. I honestly don't know the year but any guidance would be great. The cart will run fine for awhile and then act like it runs out of gas. For awhile, you could reset the brake and then hit the gas to release the brake and it would start running again. I found out he was using this method for a few weeks. :-) Now it will run sometimes when it decides it want to, just very intermittent. Is there a solenoid that the brake has to engage or release? I'm some what mechanical but no pro by any standard :-) any help would greatly be appreciated.

Greg
Saybybilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
tuf-duc
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help With EZGO TXT Golf Cart

There should be a serial number plate in the passenger glove box the first two digits are the year model also the steering wheel mount on your cart. Is it a 3 bolt or Four? that will give you an indication of age on the cart.
tuf-duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

There is a starter micro switch under the gas peddle, maybe a loose wire?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

if it is a four stroke robin engine, mine had a ignition coil that went out just like you describe. the cart would start and run fine for a while then stutter to a stop. After a few minutes it would start back up and run for a little longer then quit again. The way I narrowed it down was, when the cart died, I took a water bottle and sprayed the coil being careful not to get the terminals or wires wet. the coil being cooled down let the cart start back up immediately.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO