lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 stroke G1 smell

Where would I begin looking for the problem of my golf cart stinking really bad when it's running? Would it be the exhaust or something related to the oil?
The smoke color is white
socom0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 2 stroke G1 smell

You might want to check if the muffler is all blocked up with oil and carbon.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

G1 like to collect oil in the muffler, the huge muffler. What happens is people drive them short trip and the muffler stays cold. One day someone goes running all over and it gets hot, then the oil catches on fire in there and tons of white smoke come out of the cart. You can get rid of it two ways, either to run the cart a long time and it happens again you keep running the cart, floor it a lot, for about 15-20 min and the smoke will finally stop. But it may make a HUGE cloud before it is done. This may be really funny, or really not funny depending on your outlook. Then your muffler is burned out and it should be fine for some time. Or you can take muffler out and toss into a bonfire and let it burn out that way, or I guess you can buy a new one but that is expensive. You can also cut the end off the muffler and manually clean it out then weld it back shut if you are capable.

You can run higher quality synthetic oil, it usually makes the least amount of smoke in normal use. You only need 100:1 if you are not running the injection.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by socom0240 View Post
Where would I begin looking for the problem of my golf cart stinking really bad when it's running? Would it be the exhaust or something related to the oil?
The smoke color is white
You have a muffler BBQ in your future. Check out the sticky
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha