lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default G2 engine troubles

Help please. I have a G2 that ran decent. Thinking the clutch was making a rattling noise, I put it up on jack stands for a check out. Ended up ordering a clutch removal tool, drive clutch, crank seal and cover gasket. The engine is caked with 30 plus years of oil, dirt and debris. During cover removal the camshaft slid out. I reinstalled the tappets and aligned the cam up with its marks. Reassembled cart, topped off oil, now it won't start. Pulled valve cover and checked to make sure valves are opening. Found the push rods not properly seated under rockers. Fixed and set lash(.005). Still no start. decided to pull cover again and check timing marks. All marks matched up and balance shaft seamed in the right position. With valve cover off I can watch the valves open and close at what seems like the right timing. Borrowed compression tester and have no compression. What am I missing? Any help will be great.
mncdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 engine troubles

Try setting the valves at .004 You should have compression.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: G2 engine troubles

Update, cart runs. The push rods were not set in tappets correctly. They became unseated when cam came unseated. Used some engine assembly lube on both ends of the push rods, reset lash to .004. Engine runs as should!
mncdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha