lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #11
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G22E Nightmare !!

On my solenoid, both small terminals are out front. Forgive me, I've been a decent mechanic for 55 years, but not well schooled on the use of a multimeter...where do I set it to read ohms, and where do I take the reading...solenoid side or harness side ? Thanks

I have advertised extensively for a golf cart tech experienced in electrical trouble shooting....even offered to furnish all tools and pay $30 hr cash !! No takers ...
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #12
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Maybe you have the wrong solenoid. This is what it should look like. 200A 48V part number 586-120111

To use the meter, turn the dial to the Greek letter omega symbol. You can leave the short pigtail attached to the solenoid, just unplug it from the cart harness. Put the probes in the plug terminals or touch them to the little studs/terminals on the solenoid. Also post a pic of your controller and solenoid and where your wires are connected. Wish I was closer I'd come and fix it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #13
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Here goes with pics....will have to get a reading in the morning. This is the solenoid the yamaha dealer sent me. oooops can't send images...don't know what a url is. My computer has windows 7 and the pics are in a pictures file. Perhaps I could email them to you
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #14
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Oh you can't use the image button you have to use the one further down that says add attachments

Old 10-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There is really no difference which wire goes to which small terminal on a G22, as it uses no diode. If a diode is present, like on a Alltrax install, the red wire must be matched up with the side of diode with silver stripe. Even then it doesn't matter which terminal the wires go to, as long as the diode rule is followed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #16
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There is really no difference which wire goes to which small terminal on a G22, as it uses no diode. If a diode is present, like on a Alltrax install, the red wire must be matched up with the side of diode with silver stripe. Even then it doesn't matter which terminal the wires go to, as long as the diode rule is followed.

I'm thinking maybe it does matter IF he got the wrong solenoid, OR if the wrong solenoid has the wrong coil resistance, the controller won't see a good unit.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #17
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

can somebody show me where the add attachments button is ?
Old 10-25-2017, 10:18 PM   #18
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Click the manage attachments button, then you will get a pop up window. And then you need to choose your image file(s).

Old 10-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #19
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure we're on the right track. The solenoid that was on the cart when it actually ran, was the same one I ordered new from Yamaha. Anyhow I appreciate your effort and time....I'll try to post the pictures now

Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha G22E 003.JPG (137.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamaha G22E 004.JPG (139.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamaha G22E 001.JPG (136.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamaha G22E 008.JPG (137.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-26-2017, 07:46 AM   #20
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Okay I see what you mean. I'm assuming you have the 4 motor wires on correctly? I can't see them on the motor. There is also a bit of a troubleshooting guide from FSIP.

[/URL] http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/FX302_...nstruction.pdf[URL]

It has you measure voltage at different wires on the controller plug, to check the new harness and the switches. Have you gone over all the plugs one more time?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha