lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #11
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Long delay to start after depressing pedal - Yamaha G1

Do you folks think it is worth replacing the starter relay also or just keep it bypassed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VigilanteTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #12
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I always bypass the little black relay the early g1s didn't even have them I think Yamaha added them to have a delay when switching from forward to reverse so you could switch from forward to reverse while the starter was still spinning forward
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #13
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
I always bypass the little black relay the early g1s didn't even have them I think Yamaha added them to have a delay when switching from forward to reverse so you could switch from forward to reverse while the starter was still spinning forward

[emoji106]
I will just leave it bypassed

Old 05-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #14
ssambor
Not Yet Wild

yea lol i was just being sarcastic. definitely some wear on what were your brushes! and id check if theres a place by you that rebuilds them, i took mine in becuase a post rusted and broke off and the guy just gave me a rebuilt one for 30 bucks and i gave him my old one. so all new everything!!
ssambor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good point I've seen them with he power wire pretty corroded if that's the case just pull the starter out with the power cable still attached to the starter don't try "breaking it loose" it may break the stud off this is the one on the back side towards the motor it's a pain to get at
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #16
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

Well...new brushes successfully installed in the starter/gen as of last night. I am glad I replaced them because they were worn down about 75% to the indicator lines.

Problem is that the cart still has the delayed start problem...sometimes taking up to 10 seconds before it fires up & goes after depressing the pedal.

Belt is good and tight and not slipping.

Guess my next step(s) will be to replace the older negative battery cable and also take another look at how well the two small wire ground connections that I rebuilt are making contact.

If none of this works I have a gut feeling the solenoids and there connections will maybe need to be cleaned/rebuilt and/or replaced???

Any input is very much appreciated if anyone has more ideas?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #17
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
I've been getting them here https://m.golfcartking.com/item/39353238 $10 more than eBay but you know what you're getting
Them? They just sell China stuff, best is to order real Yamaha!!!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #18
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

Oh...and I will mention again...when I jump power direct from positive battery terminal to the back of either solenoid (yellow fwd or blue reverse spade terminal) there is no delay and it immediately starts spinning and fires right up

Old 05-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #19
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigilanteTrail View Post
Oh...and I will mention again...when I jump power direct from positive battery terminal to the back of either solenoid (yellow fwd or blue reverse spade terminal) there is no delay and it immediately starts spinning and fires right up
This is good to know in that whatever is causing your delay is probably prior to the solenoids in your ignition circuit. It could actually be in your stop switch down by the accelerator pedal.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #20
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
This is good to know in that whatever is causing your delay is probably prior to the solenoids in your ignition circuit. It could actually be in your stop switch down by the accelerator pedal.

I replaced the stop switch at the pedal with a brand new one...but it is aftermarket and not OEM. I may try installing the old one again because it is probably still good and wasn’t the original problem to begin with...

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha