lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
cltracey02
Not Yet Wild

Default Will a g22 engine work in a g14

I picked up a g14 with a hole in the block. Not having any luck finding a good replacement engine for it. I did find a g22 with a rusted chasis with what I hope is a decent motor. Will the g22 engine drop in and then I can swap in the harness as well?
cltracey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Will a g22 engine work in a g14

First I have not done that swap. Yes you should use the G22 harness ect, the G22 does not use an ignitor. Will the G22 engine mount to the G14 mount frame work?, dought it. My 2 concerns would be.....That muffler would be real close to the gas tank.....would the G22 starter/generator fit under the cross brace a body? Probably if you made a plate to mount the engine on a solid mounted plate to the swing arm, instead of rubber motor mounts. Anything can be done, just takes thought and some fab skills. Good Luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have done it. It requires welding, custom muffler work, and a solenoid integrated into what used to be the ignitor circuit to kill the coil when pedal is released.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Hope I am not out of line here BUT it would be whole lot easier to install one of the clones engine or another. That is the direction I took rather than chasing down G 14 parts when mine got to needing a cylinder bore. The G14 cylinder head and ignition system will go for some nice money on E Bay
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

If the carts are in similar condition and assuming you can weld, it'd be less work to fix the G22 chassis unless it's laying on the ground.
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha