lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
Datfoolgoat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Rear HD Shocks Question

So for $60 less than the Jake's HD rear springs, will these HD rear springs work on a stock height Yamaha G9? What is the difference? Both are on sale at GolfCartKing.com

Jake's HD (red) says will work on g2, g9, g14, g16, g19, g22
Yamaha HD (black) says will work on g14, g16, g19, g20, g22
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jakes HD Rear Springs.jpg (36.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg G14-G22 HD Rear Shocks.jpg (7.2 KB, 0 views)
Datfoolgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Rear HD Shocks Question

Is it the spring or whole shock? There is an old thread here you can get springs from McMasters that fit the stock rear shocks and put them on, or you used to be able to. You put the springs on the old shock, they are heavier.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
Datfoolgoat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Actually both the shock and spring. Exactly like the pictures. I called golf cart king and was told it won’t fit the g2-g9 because of the diameter of the spring. Seems like the Jakes is about the only option for my cart.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Well if the length is right you can make anything fit, but they are going to say it wont if modifications are required. Or the eye may be closer to the shock so it wont go into the brackets in the top.

Its worth more imo if you get the whole shock, then you get a new shock. They do get worn out. If you get a spring you still have the old shock, which is ok if its still working right but its still old.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #5
Datfoolgoat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I agree. I want to get the entire coil over setup as I think I have the oem ones that are 20+ years old. Just want to know the differences and why they both say they fit on almost the same Yamaha models. Is anyone using something in the rear for HD other than Jakes or the McMasters? I don’t have a welder to do major mods but am fine with doing some grinding or BFH.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Never know who you will catch on here on a given day.

I hauled wood in a dumpbox on mine. What I did is made the lift block to push the shock down, then put plate on each side and screwed it to the frame behind the shock so it didn't teeter. Then drilled a line of holes to mount the shock. The rear most hole is behind the stock position, this stands the shock up more to the cradle and makes it stiffer. It worked great for loads of wood and sand, to the point it would pop wheelies about the time it rubbed the tires. But trail riding it was rougher. I don't haul as much now so I moved them forward for a softer ride. What I would do is search here there are a lot of posts about them, you may have to use google to search this site to get a good list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clone carb rear.jpg (428.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #7
Datfoolgoat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

FYI. The other Yamaha HD struts (black struts) did work on my g9. Went in with no problems at all and left it at stock height. They are much stiffer and really helped with weight on the rear.

Tags
rear shocks, yamaha g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha