lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default 36v Solenoid on YDRE

Need to replace a Solenoid on a Yamaha Drive. Already have a high amp 36v Solenoid. Contacts are plenty strong for 48v, question is the activation coil.

Can I simply bring the control input wire to the Solenoid from battery 3 instead of battery 4 to get needed control voltage (on 4x12 setup)?

Someone, may have been scottyb, posted a diagram to do this, but I can't seem to locate it and not sure if it would work on a YDRE or not.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 36v Solenoid on YDRE

I can’t say for sure that it wouldn’t work but I wouldn’t do it. The YDRE solenoid is activated by the controller, and the stock solenoid is a (pretty decent) 48v.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Nope, can't do it. Since the solenoid is activated by the controller, lowering it's voltage would also be lowering the voltage throughout the rest of the system.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Nope, can't do it. Since the solenoid is activated by the controller, lowering it's voltage would also be lowering the voltage throughout the rest of the system.
Go it, that makes sense. Thanks to both of you who responded. I do not do much with Yamaha. Maybe it was an EZGO where I saw it work.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 AM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Go it, that makes sense. Thanks to both of you who responded. I do not do much with Yamaha. Maybe it was an EZGO where I saw it work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha