lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
chino843
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 SR48500 and reversing contactor installation

Hi I am trying to finish up the installation of an alltrax sr48500 and a sw202 reversing contactor from Scottyb in my Yamaha G16. The first problem I am having is when the rocker switch from the sw202 kit is in neutral and the pedal is depressed the solenoid clicks. When I put the switch in either forward or reverse and depress the pedal the factory 10 amp fuse blows like it has a dead short. I followed the instructions provided with the sw202 and cant find a problem with how its wired.

As far as I know the sr48500 is working correctly. As soon as I get this problem ironed out I will find out if the controller is working.

Thank you for any and all advise
chino843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16 SR48500 and reversing contactor installation

Welcome to BGW - Having the solenoid click in neutral is not a problem for anything. Does the controller status light also light up when the solenoid clicks?

Can you post some pics of the small wire connections on the SW202 so we see if we see any red flags.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
chino843
Not Yet Wild

I dont have any lights on the controller either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RC1.jpg (213.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RC2.jpg (213.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sol2.jpg (201.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Sol.jpg (195.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Fuse1.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #4
chino843
Not Yet Wild

Any ideas where I should start troubleshooting?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The sm blk wire on the contactor negatives looks like it connects one side to the other but I can see where it connects to the battery negative. Am I missing something or are you? See the install diagram.
Also do you have power to the F&R rocker switch center with the key on?
Is there power to the key switch per the supplemental instruction, yes?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
chino843
Not Yet Wild

Black wire goes to the controller negative. White wire comes from the solenoid. I will go check for voltage on center pin and key switch and i will let you know.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:36 PM   #7
chino843
Not Yet Wild

I have 38v at both key switch wires (red/yellow & brown) I Do not have voltage at the toggle switch. If I plug the red/yellow back to the solenoid the fuse pops and I cannot test anything. Testing on the solenoid shows I have ground on one of the small terminals. I do not have voltage on the other small terminal.

On the paper work is says connect the yellow & yellow/black together to give key switch power. It doesn’t make a difference if they are connected or not the switch gets power. The brown wire is not hooked to anything and is capped off per the instructions for the controller.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
chino843
Not Yet Wild

I tracked it down to a bad diode on the reversing contractor. Does anyone know if these diodes are available locally? Can anybody tell me the specs on the diode so I can try to track one down.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha