lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
Arrow3
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Gas Club Car - Will not start when depressing gas pedal

We just recently purchased a 2011 Gas Club Car. After only having it for a week, my daughter was driving it around, and everything was running fine. She stopped very briefly to use her phone and when she pressed the gas pedal to resume, it would not start/run/move. Battery does charge, but with a multimeter on the battery while pressing the gas, voltage only reads 9 volts. I'm thinking starter/generator but I've heard thats somewhat uncommon. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
Arrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
RenoHuskerDu
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Gas Club Car - Will not start when depressing gas pedal

We had similar issues, which turned out to be caused by the voltage regulator. Which motor does yours have?
RenoHuskerDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:53 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

How old is the battery? If it only shows 9v it’s dead. You can charge it and see how long it holds a charge. Test the starter generator output after charging the battery, but the battery is probably in need of replacement.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
luvmycart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

We had the exact same problem. Drove off the trailer. Stopped. Put cart in reverse and the backup beeper got faint, and no go. Headlights worked, USB port, speaker, all that so we couldn't believe it was the battery, till we replaced it and away we went.
luvmycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yup 9vdc on a 12vdc batt is D E A dead!!

What's the battery year? (should have a decal on it or dated somehow)

As suggested, give it a good slow charge recommend 2amp setting if you have that option. Then you can test proper S/G output. Lights, USB plugs, etc will light fine sitting since they don't draw too many amps. Trying to get the engine spooling draws a lot of amps, this what's happening.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
raenglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
Arrow3
Not Yet Wild

Ok, sorry for being MIA. Since last post, I had battery tested with snap-on battery tester and tested good. Since then, I have replaced starter generator, neutral lockout switch, solenoid, micro switches, throttle tric and key switch. Checked all grounds I could find, cleaned all wire ends and rusty parts. If I jump across the 2 big posts on solenoid it will turn over, but no spark. Kawasaki engine. Thanks everyone.
Arrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That’s all way beyond what needed to be replaced. Did you check the fuse in the electrical box?

Fuse gives 12v to the key switch on the red wire.
Key switch ON supplies 12v to Blue wire to the Solenoid.
The combination of the throttle cam switch and FNR limit switch supply ground for the Orange wire on the solenoid. This circuit is grounded through key switch through the white wire on the M+ terminal on the switch, and then through the Black wire from the M- terminal to the frame.

With key On check for 12v reaching the solenoid on the Blue wire. Jump the small post with the Orange wire to frame ground. The solenoid should click and the starter motor should start turning. If it does not, the solenoid is bad, or there is a poor connection from battery to cable to the solenoid.

If the above test makes the engine crank over, there is a wire problem between the solenoid , throttle cam limit switch, FNR limit switch, and key switch. Or the key switch does not have good ground for the M- terminal.
A bad ground circuit will show 12v up to the point of the poor connection, so with key On, simply check for 12v on the terminals at each limit switch. Be sure to actuate the throttle and the FNR lever to make sure the switches close.
If one limit switch only shows 12v on one side even when you actuate the switch, that switch may be bad or may have a poor connection.
If you have 12v present all the way to the key switch on the white wire, the key switch has a bad contact or has no ground on the Black wire.

Wire diagram for your cart is here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ml#post1251631

If that’s an aftermarket starter generator, odds are good it will cause you more grief down the road. Many aftermarket units are cheap and fail in spectacular fashion.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car