lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
CHAZRODEN08
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation G14 blowing 10 amp fuse

When i got cart it will only idle, when trying to rev it boggs and dies, i found that the 10 amp fuse was blown and that one side of fuse wire supplies ground to all electronics on machine and the other wire has an eyelet that shows to go to the neg lug on s/g. When i hook it up right and press the pedal it pops fuse, i used jumpers on fuse holder and grounded to battery and it ran perfect until the jumper wire melted. I have checked all wiring and connections and all are clean, no bad wiring anywhere, i can unplug all electronics and still blows fuse, if i removed negative lug from s/g it will not blow fuse.
CHAZRODEN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
CHAZRODEN08
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G14 blowing 10 amp fuse

When i went home i added a heavy guage ground wire as an extra ground from the frame, when running engine/depressing throttle pedal and i touch ground wire i made to the neg battery post it will spark really bad like you was touching positive to negative on a battery
Old 02-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
CHAZRODEN08
Not Yet Wild

I decided to take a big wire and ground to frame, and when engine is running and I touch wire that is grounded to frame to the negatives battery post it Sparks like it would if you struck jumper cables together
Old 02-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
CHAZRODEN08
Not Yet Wild

Anyone help?
Old 02-28-2019, 10:54 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I suggest getting the service manual for your cart, and copying that. Not just adding "grounds" as you see fit. I would also disconnect the battery cable sized cables from the starter/generator, and seeing if the short still exists. I have seen aftermarket starter/generators with short to housing right out of the box (when the customer picked up the still-not-fixed cart, he never would believe me that his "brand new" aftermarket starter/generator was somehow flawed).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:38 AM   #6
CHAZRODEN08
Not Yet Wild

When I unhook generator the short does go away, that's what I was thinking, it has a Hitachi g/s
Old 03-01-2019, 09:41 PM   #7
CHAZRODEN08
Not Yet Wild

Problem solved, ordered s/g and volt reg from db electric. Installed and working properly now, 1 of the 2 was shorted so why not install both
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha