lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Default Drive 2 EFI with Plowman's Kit

Several people posted in a couple of other posts I've made regarding Plowman's kit for the Drive 2 EFI, figured I would start a new thread for the results.

First, this is a 2018 Quietech EFI that only has 8 hours on it, got it late in the season last year. Non lifted on 12" wheels with 215/40 low profile tires.

I can not recommend Don and Plowman's enough. He is one sharp guy who really understands these carts/motors/setup and prides himself to ensure it's right. Keep this in mind when you see the price, not only are you getting a machined secondary, air filter, and new belt, you're also getting direct 1 on 1 time with Don to tune.

I went into this only looking for more torque to get this cart up some of the steep hills we have in my neighborhood, I came out of this getting just that and a whole lot more.

Before and after's for your comparison --

23 MPH on flat ground, 13 MPH up the test hill
(I did adjust the governor a tad, was 19-20 MPH/12-13 MPH when I took delivery)

After JUST the secondary, belt, and air filter
(not tuned with Don) - I was thrilled with just this, but there is more!

26 MPH on flat ground, 19 MPH up the test hill

Once fully tuned with Don

32 MPH on flat ground, 25 MPH up the test hill

Keep in mind, and Don mentioned this, there is still room left on these numbers since this cart is still a baby, barely broken in. He figures 35 MPH is easily attainable. Money and time both well spent!! :)

One of the really nice features you get with his machined secondary is the ability to not use your brakes as much. His setup backshift's for you so you're less dependent on braking, a nice gradual slow down when you let off the throttle. Also worth mentioning, be spends the time adjusting your throttle setup so throughly it starts right up and you're able to hold an exact speed (say 15 MPH) with no effort.
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Talking Re: Drive 2 EFI with Plowman's Kit

That’s impressive!! Don is a genius with these carts
Crackback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
Jkratz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drive 2 EFI with Plowman's Kit

Those seem to be some good results. I have a 17 that I’m in the process of doing a 6” lift with 23” tires. I haven’t searched in a while but when I had bought mine back in the end of 2016 there wasn’t any options to get more speed. I’m interested in that plowmans kit for sure. I wasn’t aware that you could adjust governor as well? Is there a thread or instructions anywhere?
Jkratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha