lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhourse Is Smoking

well you can't say that ruredy don't dig down to the real problem
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

He's been doing his homework
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeBo23 View Post
How do I hone them? Or do you think doing that now would be a waste of time? And would I be losing power from this?
I can't really say if it'll be a waist of time for you....
got any skeeters where you live?
The engine service and parts manual will tell you how to rebuild it.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
CreeBo23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay Ruredy, Pizzaman, here's one for ya. I've gotten over the whole smoke thing for the time being. Yesterday I ran the cart for 30minutes or so. Started to do some yard work and when I got on my cart to load up some debris it doesn't seem to have any power, like it's running at only half it's strength. It was running fine half an hour earlier. I tried it this morning before work and no change. I'm stumped.
CreeBo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

oil fowled spark plug maybe?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
CreeBo23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
oil fowled spark plug maybe?
I'll check that. Thanks Jon.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
CreeBo23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Jon you're a genius! How you know what's wrong without being there is crazy. If you hadn't guessed, it was an oil fowled spark plug. But I am wondering what caused this? Does this go back to the same problem of the piston seals? And with that, I was thinking. When I worked on the piston, I put in a new piston head so honing it shouldn't have been an issue. But...when my buddy and I put the piston head head in, we didn't use a sleeve to get it in so I'm thinking it could be a seal that possibly broke, doubtful, but I wouldn't be %100 sure. And the other piston head never came out so I wouldn't think those seals moved out of there seated position. On the other hand, it's still smoking a little, and you've been right all the time so I must be getting oil into the piston head. Do you recommend replacing the seals and getting the piston heads honed? And how do I hone them?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #18
ruredy
Born Wild

Creebo23, thanks for the props but genious... hardly... I've traveled this road before. The engine rebuild manual has answers to all these questions your asking,
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/27615-g01.pdf
I can't make you read it but I can say the way your thinking about it, and the proper way of doing it, differ somewhat. It would seem that you've missed some key steps in fixing your engine and that's why it's burning oil. It's your discretion as for fixing your engine or just living with it till it finally dies. Just remember to keep an eye on the oil, if you run it low and it blows a rod again, you might not be lucky enough to have something left to rebuild.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #19
CreeBo23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea ruredy. So looking at the manual, I didn't go so in depth when I had the engine apart. Basically when we originally replaced the broken piston, piston rings, and piston rod. I wasn't aware that the wiper ring and compression ring were different so I'm betting that they aren't in the correct order. I know that the oil ring is though. And I never honed the inside of the cylinder, we talked about this before. When we did talk about it, I thought you were talking about the piston head itself, which I was confused about, boy was I wrong. If I had this manual from the get go I could have avoided alot of my troubles. Baptism by fire I guess.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeBo23 View Post
Yea ruredy. So looking at the manual, I didn't go so in depth when I had the engine apart. Basically when we originally replaced the broken piston, piston rings, and piston rod. I wasn't aware that the wiper ring and compression ring were different so I'm betting that they aren't in the correct order. I know that the oil ring is though. And I never honed the inside of the cylinder, we talked about this before. When we did talk about it, I thought you were talking about the piston head itself, which I was confused about, boy was I wrong. If I had this manual from the get go I could have avoided alot of my troubles. Baptism by fire I guess.
thats how we learn sometimes
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO