lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
coon hunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Drive belt ???

I adjusted the valves on my 96 TXT it run better but still has a little back fire . Cheecked the belt, It measured just under 1 1/8 wide and 42 3/8 long. That is the out side measurment of the belt. will this cause the clutch not to work properly? Cuz it starts out fine, The clutch allows the RPM to increase when pulling and then all of a sudden you can feel the clutch grab and all your low end power is gone! Can the belt cause this ? and if not what will ???
coon hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Drive belt ???

Pobably not the belt, more like the driven clutch ramps are wore down. Once it get to a certain point it just opens up dumping the cvt into the highest gearing ratio. I guess it could also be the belt, you didn't say how wide it was, just how wide it wasn't.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
coon hunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It was close enough in width to call it 1 1/8 . I just thought i had read that it should be 1 3/16 I didnt know if that would make that much differance. And i looked yesterday when i was trying it out and it did not look like the driven clutch was opening too far but i did check the drive clutch and it was not at all hard to push closed by hand with the belt off. Also with the belt off and at 1/4 throttle the drive clutch would SLAM!!! together. Is this normal??
coon hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
Also with the belt off and at 1/4 throttle the drive clutch would SLAM!!! together. Is this normal??
no, normally there's a belt in the way don't do that, you'll tear it up
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

about the backfire, try taking out the idle screw and letting the butterfly close completely, it may correct the backfire
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO