lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
quiktripman
Not Yet Wild

Default proper oil delivery

I have an 81 G1 with oil injection,how can you test to ensure the engine is getting the correct amount of oil??? Thanks,Quiktripman
quiktripman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: proper oil delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiktripman View Post
I have an 81 G1 with oil injection,how can you test to ensure the engine is getting the correct amount of oil??? Thanks,Quiktripman
You can do a test, but I would suggest you have a "squirt" bottle with 2 cycle oil while testing. Jack up the cart or take off the drive belt. You can manualy push the accelerator pedal or at the "CDI" wireharness connections, unplug the black/white wire and you can make the cart idle (you may need to turn the throttle stop screw in for a higher idle). Disconnect the oil line at the carb and start the engine. You should see a "pinhead" of oil at the end of the hose. I'm not kidding, it's just a "pinhead" bubble of oil. If you don't see it, squirt some oil into the carb to protect the piston/cylinder. If you still don't see the oil comeing up the hose, you may have a bad oil pump. In my experiance, That 2 qt oil resevor can last 2+ years. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
quiktripman
Not Yet Wild

Dave, thanks for the help,I'll give that a shot 2 marrow.Have a good night,Quiktripman
quiktripman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Dave,

I have an 81 gas, do you recommend premixing the gas or using the injection system. Reason why is my oil pump is leaking and I was wondering if it would just be easier to premix? Your thoughts?

Thanks, Bill
bisquit476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisquit476 View Post
Hi Dave,

I have an 81 gas, do you recommend premixing the gas or using the injection system. Reason why is my oil pump is leaking and I was wondering if it would just be easier to premix? Your thoughts?

Thanks, Bill
I'm not a fan of premixing, but many here are. Read there posts and you make your own choice. A new oil pump will cast about 120.00 and you'll need to bleed/prime it. If that's what you decide, I can walk you thru it. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you Dave,

I appreciate the offer. I've used premix before in other equipment and have no problem using it so I don't know if I want to deal with what needs to be done to bypass the oil pump system. I haven't been working on the cart that much, it's still too hot here (90+ each day) to be out in the sun. Maybe when it "cools down" to the 80's...
bisquit476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha