lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Read at your own risk.

I bought an old EZGO off ebay that looked to be in ok shape from the pictures and auction listing but in reality after driving 6 hours to go pick it up it turns out to be an old junker. The body was all beat up, no seat, blown engine, steering column and shaft missing, spindle missing, ring gear missing, tires were of course shot and misc differential parts were missing but as soon as I placed my eyes on the poor lil cart it was love at first sight. :D So I just had to bring it home with me. Anyway long story shrunkn, I tear it down to the bare frame and remove all the rust and then paint it. Next I order a truck load of parts from my EZGO dealer and make EZGO very very happy. Well after spending a couple thousand bucks and one month later what do I have? A pretty sweet golf cart. A fast one at the very least. I forgot to mention the engine is out of my workhorse and after putting that in this cart I stripped it down and put the 295 head on it. So now the compression is 180 in both cyl and the hp is supposed to be doubled. :D I've taken for a couple test drives and it is awesome. Its very fast and has plenty of power. I will admit there came a point during the head swap when I began to question my sanity for tearing down a perfectly good 350 workhorse engine that I had received $715 offers for on ebay a week before. But it was worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would do this whole project again in a heartbeat even though Ive lost so much money. I learned so much from doing this.
All I lack for this cart is a body and seats. I am thinking about buying Rockets body that was on his yellow cart. Depends how much shipping is going to be. And for seats I am thinking about going with these. I believe these are what Frank has on his Alpha cart.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-OFF...53370738QQrdZ1

I hope to sell this cart on ebay so I can get another cart to work on. I really did have a lot of fun working on this cart even though it got the best of me some times. I dont know how much this cart will sell for but I'm sure I wont make anything off of it. It doesnt have a lift so I think that is going to hold it back some. But it does have a rear seat, top, workhorse engine w/295 head, rust free chassis and if I buy Rockets body it will have lights.

I'll take some pitures of it tomorrow. It kind of looks like those ugly rat rods with out the body.

Some befoer pics.

And some after pics.

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I got the body on last night. Now all I need is some seats, back roof supports and maybe paint. I am keeping my eye on this cart. It is very similair to mine if I paint it and put a rear seat on it. I will do that if this sells for enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-E-Z-GO-Gas-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

That frame is like new. Did you decide to go with the bench seat on your cart?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I dont know. For some reason they are hard to come by but if I find a good used one or if somebody wants to let me borrow theirs untill I sell this cart then yep I would go with the bench seat. :D
Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
club car man
Ford

That thing looks awesome! Plan on a lift or somethin?
Old 12-04-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

The cart is coming along real nice.... Can't wait to see the finished product...
Old 12-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Here are some updated pictures. Well everything is finally done and its ready to be sold. I'm selling it for $3200 if anyone is interested. :) Remember this has a newly rebuilt 350 workhorse engine in it.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice job!!! The cart looks good

Old 12-20-2006, 07:23 PM   #9
club car man
Ford

That is nice. Where'd you get the body? Or did you just paint the old one?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice cart looks great!!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO