lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha G1 will not START. HELP

yamaha g1 wont start,has spark(new ignition coil) not sure on the fuel pump,but have put fuel in carb and still nothing, what else can i do or might be a problem?thanks bryan
bryguy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 will not START. HELP

ANYBODY??

thanks,Bryan
Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Let's start with the basics. Do you have compression? Check it with a compression guage- should have at least 100 psi to make it run. If you don't have a guage, use the thumb test. Take out the sparkplug, put your thumb over the hole and crank. You should not be able to hold back the pressure during the compression stroke. It should pop your thumb off the hole.
Has this buggy been running OK up to this point? Did it quit while running or just fail to start? Give us some info and we can help you.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
bryguy39
Gone Wild

i just picked this cart up,it sat outside for 3yrs i guess,ill try the compression test after work today(with my thumb) i dont have a tester. Any other idea's?also i have a fuel pump on its way(although i would of figured putting fuel in the carb would of made it atleast want to start?) Its not the cart in the pic <------------

Thanks, Bryan
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

you said it has spart but does it have a good strong spark? good gas in it? carb clean or could it need cleaned due to sitting for so long? I assume it turns over correct?
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Yup good spark,blew out carb and fuel lines,turns over great
Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

did you take the carb apart to clean out any varnished gas or clogged jets? thats normaly the real problem with things that sit a long time
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Also has fresh gas,blew carb out along with fuel lines,cleaned plug,it turns over all day long sometimes it seems like it wants to fire but won't,maybe put fuel in spark plug hole?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
bryguy39
Gone Wild

How do u take apart the carb?I don't want to wreck it,ya I only blew it out with air hose!thanks bryan
Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
pepperbd
Not Yet Wild

just an idea because i have seen it... is the reed valve installed between carb and jug? if this is not in there the cart will try to start it will sputter and and kick a little but no go. Also if this is not installed it will not allow enough compression in the bottom end to make the vacuum on the fuel pump work, thus making you think that the fuel pump is bad. Just an idea.
pepperbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha