lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo 2 stroke speed

Do u think that would explain why it is so boggy in the bottom like climbing hills because it has a torque spring and seems to run good but pathetic torque if torque if u Evan start to climb the smallest incline the speed decreases by half or more
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #22
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

install a 1" shorter drive belt i did on mine and i can't believe the difference it made
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

No matter how much you do to them,They are still only a low-rpm single cylinder 2-stroke with 8-9hp.Mine was a bear on the trails and quik,short climbs,but long grades just killed it.I modified my Drive-Clutch by shimming the spring 3/16",It worked better than the short-belt and the Hardened-Washer cost me .75!!They are as dependable and bulletproof as you can ask for when taken care of(Trust me mine was beaten beyond beaten many times over,and it just kept going.)but they are limited.The Timing is an issue,since it needs to run backwards,the timing is way Retarded from where it would make great power(its' just about TDC).If you need more power,Upgrade or just deal with what you have,knowing its' limits and adjust your riding to the power you have.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

ill try that with the clutching i have done alot of porting on fourstrokes and had substantial power gains maybe cut the head also i run 93 in everything anyway thanks for the help guys and once i figure out this exaust issue maybe that will give me some torque back
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #25
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Porting and Carb are the big ones(since Timing is kinda limited due to reverse),The real hold-back is the Reeds,nothing availiable from Boyesen.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #26
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi guys think I found a pretty big issue getting a lot of gas coming out of the carb soaking the air filter at low speed pulled reed cage out and the cage itself is breaking down badly around the reeds anybody know where I can purchase a new reed block the reeds are tight at the end just gaped around sides and it flods out at low speed but runs great at top end
Old 06-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #27
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Or is there any cages from a diffrent motor you can make work on the 3pg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO