lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: thinking bad alternator - thoughts?

Heliarc, no problem. I didn't mean to come off being a ***k. YES I have done it on some newer vehicles at the cust request. I just wanted to put that out there for future readers. that all.

back to OP. i will venture to say you need a regulator, it is located by your solenoid on the left frt under the seat. remove that cover and check all wires for clean/tight contact. if ok, than get you a regulator.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Why would they request you do that?Anyhow, yea.Mine was setting out in an open field for around four to five years.I took the starter in to a rebuilder to have him bench test it.It charged and ran both ways.I installed it but it wouldn't charge.I checked all my wiring and then noticed the regulator with no cover on it.Totally open to the elements.I replaced it and it charges just fine now.I got my regulator on e-bay at a very reasonable price too.

This one is pretty close in price to what I got.I've never dealt with Cart King, but at the shop they wanted over $60 for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-Voltage...item3cc12f3dfe
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
1996ezrider
Not Yet Wild

Guys....thanks for the Help - IT was the voltage regulator.

One final question - is a tickle charger a good idea if you dont use Carts for 3-4 weeks?
1996ezrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

It won't hurt,another option is a battery-disconnect,they make one that goes on the battery and the cable hooks to it.Mine sits all winter,outside and fires right up after 3mos.As long as there aren't any draws on the system,the battery should be fine as long as its' in good cond.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO