lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: one good push

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
oh and a very big tip... NEVER USE SILICON ON ANY GASKET EVER!!!!!!!!! when i tore down the motor the "squeeze out" was everywhere!!!!!
the main thing is never to use silicone where any gas is present--carb, fuel pump etc. to seal the engine housing halves use a sealant like permatex sells for motorcycles. it is silverish and not harmed by gas. it is called motoseal.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbrehm View Post
Also, if it's getting fuel to your cylinder the crankshaft seals are probably good. When the seals are bad and leak there's not enough vaccum to run the fuel pump and you won't be getting a good supply of gas to the cylinder. There are other things that could be causing your problem but most likely electrical.

well the fuel pump runs, but only shoots about an inch up at best. and it would be the place to start then, was thinking coil but a new one would cost me 120 for an aftermarket only..... and i do have one really "dumb question" though. how do you get the clutch and pulley off? unbolt the clutch and get a gear puller or is it a wierd off the wall tool?
devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You will need to insert a short shaft into the hole left when you removed the bolt that holds the clutch on. Then you will thread a slightly larger bolt into the end of the clutch hub (the very end of it is threaded) and as you tighten it, it will push against the shaft (and end of the crank) and the clutch will come off.

Do a quick search for "how to remove clutch" and you can see examples of the bolt and shaft that some people use.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like your fuel system is working fine. I would start with looking at your electrical connections, fuses and ground wires. There a lot of info on this forum including a sticky on a HEI conversion. I believe they use a 1975 or so Chevy ignition module and coil. From what I understand you can pick up the pair new for around $60.00. I got mine off of ebay for around $30.00 for the pair. From what I understand these models have issues with the ignitor and the conversion is a lot cheaper than a factory replacement.
gwbrehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #15
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyerik View Post
You will need to insert a short shaft into the hole left when you removed the bolt that holds the clutch on. Then you will thread a slightly larger bolt into the end of the clutch hub (the very end of it is threaded) and as you tighten it, it will push against the shaft (and end of the crank) and the clutch will come off.

Do a quick search for "how to remove clutch" and you can see examples of the bolt and shaft that some people use.

thanks for the info. the front seal was not even in place and could not get the clutch off with a puller. kinda messed up big time with it but did get it back together and the back one was still in good condition. threw it in and ran great. now all it is doing is running kinda slow, missing a good 1/8 inch of the side of the belt though so.....

Last edited by devon; 09-12-2012 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: typo
devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO