lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
rheller219
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 performance

I have had 3 Yamaha carts now. All with plowmans kits. A g29, a g22 and now a g16. The G29 and G22 both topped out at 31. The G16 does 1 better and goes a max of 32mph. What I find a bit odd is the G29 and G22 both have the 357cc motor while the G16 has the 301cc motor. Not sure if the G16 just responds better to Plowmans kits or what, but pretty impressive none the less. Another praise plowman and how he can make a kit that makes these machines so smooth and fun to ride!
rheller219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 performance

Every cart is a little different, and weather conditions play a role in small performance changes as well. You would think that the bigger engine would out perform the smaller, but the newer carts might be heavier as well, and weight has everything to do with performance. If you get 30+ mph out of your carts with stock engines....then you are doing really good!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

There is no second guessing don and his products. His performance kits flat out work and make driving fun again.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 AM   #4
Tinken
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Don sells a nice posi unit that will work in 98 and up G16-22s. If you have a G14 or earlier g16, you can replace the carrier with an updated one and it will fit. He sells carriers for $250 but you can find them a lot cheaper on the net if he happens to be out of stock. I machined my gears flat so that the friction plates would have a larger area to grip to. Don can also machine your gears flat if you wish. I like the Nivel posi unit too, they have a patent on their spring plates. I have also seen a complete posi carrier.

Tinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha