lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #21
Nezz75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 Marathon 2pg No Spark

Jeff: I will check my wiring again to make sure everything is hooked up correct. Please let me know how to test the system so i can eliminate the other problems.

CartAround: Pulsar check out at 148ohms. I will check the pulsar wires to make sure they are open. I think my photo issue may have been because I was using my phone. I appreciate the pointer on loading multiple pics though.
Nezz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
jeffrun
Gone Wild

This test will consist of pressing pedal, touching jumper wire to good ground and observing spark plug firing. This will test everything from ignition switch, pedal sw.,coil,hei and associated wiring. Pulsar will not be in circuit.The motor does not need to crank for this test,you can disconnect cable to s/g.

1. Remove spark plug from head, plug should be new or clean leave wire attached and ground case of plug. Plug should be located where you can observe the firing.
2. Remove both wires from W and G on the HEI, thatís the pulsar wires ,they will not be used.
3. Jumper a wire from B on HEI to W on HEI,this places +12V on W.
4. connect a jumper from G on hei. This is the wire that will be touched on good ground to fire plug.

The test: Ign. sw. on, press pedal , at the same time tap jumper wire from Gon HEI to ground, plug should fire each time you tap ground, pedal needs to be pressed during all tests. If this fires all is good but pulsar, if not you have coil,hei or wiring problem.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
Nezz75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Performed the test and still no spark. What should I look to next since I have voltage all the way to the plug?
Old 08-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #24
jeffrun
Gone Wild

I went to my shop and tested this test setup and had good blue arc. Did you check coil and verify the +, - is connected proper? Take a dmm volt reading ,with pedal depressed , + lead on pin c of hei and black lead on ground, tell me what your reading is. Then give me the resistance value of coil, just primary terminals,no wire connected to terminals. Sounds like your hei might not be working.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #25
Nezz75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Coil is hooked up correct. Volts are reading about 11.5 with pedal pressed. Primary Resistance is around .4 on the lowest setting on the coil.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #26
jeffrun
Gone Wild

Please verify your connections to hei when you measured pin c to ground with pedal depressed.

hei pin b to +12v when pedal depressed
hei pin c to - of ignition coil
hei pin w jumper to pin b for + 12v
hei pin g leave open, no connection

My reading was 1.56v in shop and thats about right, shows current is flowing thru hei.

.4 ohms reading on coil, not good ,should read 2-4 ohms with small wires removed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO