lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Mike88
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 ezgo wont pull hills

I have a 2000 ezgo 4 stroke gas golf cart i traded for a while back just got it running and it did great for a few weeks then it started loosing power going up when put under a load sometimes it went fine others it would bog like the engine would not rev up i have checked compression on both cylinders have 150 lbs on both adjusted the valves cleaned the carb three different times fuel pump appears to be working as it should all linkages and throttle move freely choke does not help when it bogs down exhaust isn't stopped up the only visual thing i can see is it spits a little gas out the front of carb when running any help would be appreciated im a fair mechanic but new to the golf cart world im at a loss
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2000 ezgo wont pull hills

It could possibly be flooding. Try taking the air filter out and see what happens.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Also make sure that the brakes aren't stuck or dragging.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
Mike88
Not Yet Wild

The brakes are free and i have tried running it without the air filter and didnt seem to make a difference when it bogs down on a hill i can sometimes work the gas pedal back and forth and it will finally hit a spot the motor will rev up and will spin tires going up the hill with plenty of power
Old 08-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Hmmmm.. Does it act like it is starving for fuel? Check the fuel pulse hose and make sure there isn't any oil in it.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i have the same problem but it is the driven clutch not closing back up , if you hold the brake and put it in netural and run the engine the clutch will pop the belt back together and will give you the low end to pull the hill , eventually i will get around to fixing mine , its pretty bad when my wife reminded me to fix it this week , its been almost a year now since it started doing it , i just dont drive it that much and usually not on hills
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
Mike88
Not Yet Wild

No oil in pulse line but it does sound like its starving for fuel if u leave the breather box off u can here the carb sucking hard but choking it doesnt change anything the clutch appears to be working fine but i will give it a try to see if thats it thanx for all the suggestions they r greatly appreciated keep them coming like i said in the original post im new to the golf cart worl
Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Could a hole in the suction side of the fuel line. Is it consistent?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
Mike88
Not Yet Wild

I tried reving the motor in neutral it didnt help the drivin clutch is moving fine the motor just wont turn enuogh rpms under a load to fully engage the belt
Old 08-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
Mike88
Not Yet Wild

i replaced all three lines when it started this to make sure there wasnt a vacuum problem but i was intermitent when it began but here lately it is consistant on flat groumd it runs like a champ and when you put it in a bind going up a hill if you work the throttle back anf forth sometimes it will take off
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO