lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 is latest edition to the stable

I don't know of any way to date the clutch, but it is the "newer version". The old style was much different inside and had an aluminum outer cover. Yours is the same as the G2/G9 carts.

Having broken weights inside a clutch like that can cause all kinds of issues, and possibly the up and down thing you mentioned. One thing is for sure, you can't use that clutch the way it is. I'd be leery of rebuilding it because the broken pieces usually do other damage to the metal housing somewhere. There could be cracks in places you can't see. I would't use it.

Once you get another clutch that works you can better evaluate this cart. The clutching system is the heart and soul of cart performance. If the clutches aren't right, the cart isn't right.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha