lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default EZGO with Kolpin Snow Plow Add/Build

I don't think I ever posted pictures of my snow plow addition with frame mount build. I purchase my snow plow from a dealer on eBay. The snow plow is a Kolpin Drifter with 52" blade and the universal mount.

First thing I did was find a place to mount on frame. These brackets seem to be in the right location and nearly in the center of the cart. There already were holes in the frame but I drilled to 1/4" to receive larger bolts.

I used 1-3/4" angle iron to get the mounting bracket below the cart.

I used another piece of 1-3/4" angle iron to cross between the brackets above. The 2 holes in the center are to mount the plows universal mount to the bracket I built. I tack welded while on the cart then removed and then welded all the seems where the pieces met. Not the best welds but I did get better the more I did.

The next 2 pictures show the universal mount bolted to the bracket I built. The gold pins are the quick connections provided by Kolpin

The next few pictures are showing the plow near the tires. You need to pay attention to how far you mount the plow back. Make sure you angle the plow blade and check for tire clearance. the first is before and the second is the final mount.

Random shots

lifted

wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO with Kolpin Snow Plow Add/Build

I will be needing to know more about machining my clutch and adding a power spring. If someone can direct me to some threads on that subject I would appreciate it.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Got 4-5 of snow last night. Had to wait till after work to clear it but the cart did well. Can't wait to try it again!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

You could machine and re-spring your stock 36 degree clutch, OR for a lot less money and hassle You could just buy a 28deg helix and ramps for about $65 and convert your existing clutch to 28 degree (which is going to pull better than a machined and sprung stock clutch anyhow) - then, of course, You'll want to swap to a 1" shorter than stock belt, that will keep the clutch ratio higher for a longer period than the stock belt, which aids GREATLY in torque and power too. Figure about $100 front to back, and You'll gain somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20%-30% torque increase.

Nice job on the plow mounting !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
You could machine and re-spring your stock 36 degree clutch, OR for a lot less money and hassle You could just buy a 28deg helix and ramps for about $65 and convert your existing clutch to 28 degree (which is going to pull better than a machined and sprung stock clutch anyhow) - then, of course, You'll want to swap to a 1" shorter than stock belt, that will keep the clutch ratio higher for a longer period than the stock belt, which aids GREATLY in torque and power too. Figure about $100 front to back, and You'll gain somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20%-30% torque increase.

Nice job on the plow mounting !!!
I've already got the shorter belt. I searched "helix clutch 28" and I get link to CartsPlusParts.com I had them linked for machining anyway. I guess it is best to call them to make sure I get all the parts I need.

Will this change allow me to convert my cart to idle?
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

CPP is who I send people to for the Helix, etc anyhow so You did good locating them - they're forum sponsors too so they are always willing to go the extra mile to help people out !!!

The driven clutch conversion will NOT allow your cart to idle, and I personally don't like the drive clutch kits that do. The way those kits work is by changing the engagement point on your drive clutch to a higher RPM so the cart can idle (as well as bypassing the pedal switch) - what happens is You lose any semblance of a slow, controlled takeoff as a rule, and end up with jerky, high-rpm starts (bad as a rule unless You're racing, and I would assume absolutely HORRIBLE in the snow and ice where You want a better "feel" for your drivetrain, especially trying to plow with a 2wd vehicle)

Just my personal experience with the "Idle" kits - You're needs may be different as well as your taste in driving style - again though, in the snow especially that's the LAST thing I would want.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
wish2fish
Gone Wild

We got a lot of snow this week. 3 storms. Something like 8, 5, 6 inches in each storm. Used the cart to plow in all cases. Cart does well. When it was brutally cold the cart didn't' want to run that well but got the job done. Today's snow was a wet one so it was a lot heavier. As long as the cart had traction it could push the load.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:50 PM   #8
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

You won't regret the 28 degree clutch. It'll climb like a cat in heat lol
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #9
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
You won't regret the 28 degree clutch. It'll climb like a cat in heat lol
It is in the plans!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #10
Morgan44
Gone Wild

That is sweet. Did you add weight or chains to the back in for traction?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO