lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #21
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
A voltmeter is needed and some voltage measurements made with the jumper wire disconnected to see what is going on with the solenoid switching power. It is either a bad connection or a bad solenoid. The solenoid has already been changed out and same results. Installing another solenoid is a waste of time without making some voltage measurements.

Agreed. That was the reason for my post number 10. I just left out the volt meter part. Sometimes I assume too much.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #22
Tamster
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: series cart only runs with jump wire on solenoid

yes I do have a volt meter. Now I'm not the smartest when it comes to testing all that would need to be tested so please feel free to dumb it down for me. No offense will be taken. So I'm guessing I should not go out and buy the heavy duty solenoid just yet. I currently have the cart at a small shop who has been trying to figure this out for me. They have had it for 2 weeks and say they are pulling their hair out trying to figure it out. They have checked switches and wiring and said all switches are working correctly and the wiring is correct. They still can not figure it out either. I asked if they did a continuity test on the solenoid because they were leaning towards it being bad even though it does click. I am waiting to here the results of that now. They are a small mom and pop shop in my area so they may be missing something which is why I have reached out to y'all. I will be picking it up tomorrow and can start some test on my own.
Tamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #23
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get your voltmeter out and learn a little about measuring DC voltages. When you get your cart back we can better help you try to determine what is wrong. No need to try to guess what might be wrong with a electric cart without some basic electrical troubleshooting. We need to know where both ends of the jumper cable is connected. Also you might find a wiring diagram posted earlier applicable to your cart and ask questions about it if you don't understand it.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:03 AM   #24
Tamster
Not Yet Wild

Will do. I will pick it up tomorrow and go from there. Thank you again for all the help. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I wouldn't trust a shop that can't figure out a problem on a series cart. Intermittent problems are the exception, but a constant problem should be able to find in less than an hour. Series carts are easy to troubleshoot.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #26
Tamster
Not Yet Wild

Hey everyone I just wanted to post and update on my cart. It is fixed and it ended up being the FNR micro switch that was bad. Once we replaced that it works fine! Thank you to everyone who helped out with advice. I really appreciate it. Have a great day!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO