lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT Stereo Queston

I am installing a stereo on a 2001 EZGO TXT for my mother in law. Right now the cart has what I would call a 3 way switch. It has an off, on1 and on2. On1 allows the cart to run without the lights on, and then if I turn the key more to the right it turns the lights on, on2. I put a wire tester to the 4 wires running out of the back of the switch and there is a hot, a blue wire, green wire and then a 4h wire (this has 2 wires coming out of it) which only comes on when the key is in the furthest right position hence powering the lights.

My main goal is to get it where the stereo can be listened to when the cart is in the on position, but either when the lights are not on or are on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Diceman1530
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT Stereo Queston

I powered mine right from the battery with a rocker switch to turn on and off.
You need constant power the keep the clock and memory from resetting every time you turn on and off.
There should be two power wires one for memory and one to play music .
Diceman1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
bigreddaddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Seems to me there should be +12v on one of the wires, other than the red wire, in the ON1 position. Do you have the service manual for it?
bigreddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I wound up installing a rocker switch in my last cart as well to flip it on and off. But that was mainly because I had all of the accessories wired into a separate deep cycle marine battery.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
MarineGrunt
Getting Wild

A separate toggle switch would be the easiest. Or, you could probably get it to work with some relays.
MarineGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

your switch works two things, your cart and your accessories. Green and blue is the key switch between the pedal and 12v source to make the cart run. Your hot and other two wires should b for the accessories, that flips when u turn your key to the second position.hot goes to 12v constant on your radio (should b yellow wire off radio).Make sure its 12v with a multimeter. Should b if u only have a 12v battery. Hook your ignition wire (should b red wire from radio) 2 the two wires that flip 12v when key is turned to second position. Ground to chassis. Hook up speakers. done!!!!!
uwantsumofthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
Diceman1530
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwantsumofthis View Post
your switch works two things, your cart and your accessories. Green and blue is the key switch between the pedal and 12v source to make the cart run. Your hot and other two wires should b for the accessories, that flips when u turn your key to the second position.hot goes to 12v constant on your radio (should b yellow wire off radio).Make sure its 12v with a multimeter. Should b if u only have a 12v battery. Hook your ignition wire (should b red wire from radio) 2 the two wires that flip 12v when key is turned to second position. Ground to chassis. Hook up speakers. done!!!!!
Wouldn't that mean you would have the headlights on to listen to the radio?
Diceman1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #8
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

Yea dice, i usually have a external switch for the headlights, and run the radio off the key. U r right most carts don't have the external switch on the headlights. U will have daytime runners.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #9
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

Can also go to one of the blue or green wires for ignition if u don't want the lights on.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:10 PM   #10
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

I can't remember if the blue green wires R 12v or ground. If they R a negative use a 12v relay to switch the negitive out put to a positive output.u can get one at any audio shop.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO