lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #41
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Couple of Questions

I played golf today so I took a couple of pics of the drive clutch from the right side. One pic is of my 1993 DS and the other is a 2007 DS of my friend's. You can see that you actually don't even have to jack it up or remove the wheel to access the bolt holding the clutch on. Just remove that bolt that see in the attached pic with a socket and long extension and then screw in your puller into the hole where the bolt came out. There is enough room to remove the pulley from the engine without removing anything else but your belts. Unless yours has been modified some way yours should be like this also. I have removed and replaced the drive clutches on 1993, 2003 and 2007 DS and they were all accessible from the side like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1993 DS Drive Clutch.jpg (69.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2007 DS Drive Clutch.jpg (79.1 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #42
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm going to take a closer look tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that's not what I see when I peak under my cart.

Thanks for the pics... That definitely gives me a better idea of what I'm looking for.
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #43
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Did you get a chance to take another look at your clutch?
Old 12-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #44
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
Did you get a chance to take another look at your clutch?
I wish. I will tomorrow. Work has blown up lately and I've been a firefighter with customers this Christmas season. Well as of today at 5 I'm off for a while. I'll be back on it tomorrow. I purchased the rear flip seat. Lift, wheels, tires and clutch are on the short list for January.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #45
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I needed to pull my clutch today to check why drive clutch wasn't closing completely. I looked at my watch when I lifted the seat off and it took 5 minutes to remove my belts and drive clutch and another couple of minutes to open clutch up to inspect my internal weights. Didn't remove tire this time.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #46
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
I needed to pull my clutch today to check why drive clutch wasn't closing completely. I looked at my watch when I lifted the seat off and it took 5 minutes to remove my belts and drive clutch and another couple of minutes to open clutch up to inspect my internal weights. Didn't remove tire this time.
Did you remove the clutch from underneath the cart? I really wish one of you gear heads would make a youtube video of this because I can't for the life of me visualize this looking at my cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car