lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Winter Carting?

Just get a torch tip cleaner or jet drills, hog it out a little. Just about anything is lean as they can make it, you hog the jet a little it will be much better. I did my stock engine and had to richen up the clone too because I modded the exhaust and airbox. The G9 I removed the silencer over the generator.

My cart would go ok in the first snow then not so good. With the clone it goes better but once it gets deeper you are done. I shot a video of it at 18F, but the clone motor was in it by then. It will get a little water in the pulse line off the rocker cover when its that cold, enough and it starts running poorly, about a thimble full. So I have to check that line once in a while.

This was this fall, light snow, enough to get sideways and hit some bushes trying to hold the camera and steer lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4bj1weMSKw
Something is hosed in my secondary clutch, have to tear it apart and see, its all new parts.

This was 18F, about as deep of snow as I can get going in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enIFSpMP_zI
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2016, 07:20 PM   #22
DareDog
Getting Wild

Got it all set to test it in the cold and now it has warmed up lol 50 last week and 60f this week. Should be in 20s in a normal winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DareDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #23
DareDog
Getting Wild

Did drive it in 6" of snow and got stuck lol had to pushed out by a wheeler.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #24
DareDog
Getting Wild

It runs In the cold now. Only thing is pedals don't work. They act like there frozen. Motor wants to take off and gas pedal moves but cant control motor or brake moves but won't stop. Only happens in the cold. Worked fine on Monday when it was 30f out. Now in the 20s it won't

Old 03-02-2016, 11:25 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can get water in the throttle cable, or in the brakes, and in my case I would get it in the fuel all the time. So in the fall I put drygas in it.

I have had to remove my brake pedal and clean it and grease it, but the throttle pedal had no issues. Last time I drilled the brake pedal out larger so it would not seize up anymore and it has been good now.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:45 AM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Spray lube in the cable sheaths with a cable lube injector. It will displace the water & the cables will be happier. I had my "pedals" freeze once, but the problem was actually in the cables.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha