lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #1
Branger
Not Yet Wild

Arrow Gas in with my oil

Hey guys just changed my oil and fuel filters for the year ran cart for a bit and it wouldn't stay running .. Realized the vent Line from carb was off then .. Reattached and cart ran completely fine ... Fast forward two weeks .. Went to take it out and noticed gassy smell .. Air box full of fuel and has gas in my newly changed oil ... Now what ?
Branger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gas in with my oil

Stuck float, needle valve can cause that, but so can that vent line. Check that the vent tube is clear first, but probably a needle valve issue.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Branger
Not Yet Wild

ok that's what ive been told as well, one fella said to unhook fuel supply lines and run until out of fuel , then try and free it up with compressed air first and if that doesn't work then would have to take carb apart... so i shut my fuel supply off at the tank and then cart took right off and run for quite a while and just when i thought it was outta fuel it sputtered and took off again until i quit and unhooked the line that goes into the carb and ran for awhile with no change until i quit .. then i pulled my dipstick and my oil was very low as opposed to above the full line when i started.. im scared to run it anymore until i dump my oil and refill... that's my plans when i get home from work... Any suggestions would be awesome as im reasonably mechanically inclined and am not interested in burning up bearings and pistons, thanks in advance
Old 04-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Branger
Not Yet Wild

just an update on this topic, thought I had it fixed from a hole in one of the fuel lines right beside the carb.. wasn't that so ripped the carb apart and the bowl was full of grit and dirt causing the float to stick allowing an over fuel problem to happen.. looks like case closed , thanks for suggestions
Old 02-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Branger
Not Yet Wild

hey guys back again , ran my cart all summer long having to choke it at start up to get going , once it takes off all is well until I stop again then same thing choke every time to get going ... have cleaned carb about 5 times but I just read a post that screw 13 pilot jet needs to be out a full turn for air flow and I know for sure mine is all the way in to bottom. backing it out a turn should solve the need to choke is my thinking ... am I correct on this ??? thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

My club car seems to always be choked to start even when warm.
I think once Ina a while when warm I may not have to choke it.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Where did you read that the pilot jet (#13) needs to be turned out 1 turn? (that's been brought up lately)
If you read it here on BGW, I'd like to know where you read it, because it's not true!
The pilot jet needs to be turned all of the way IN and SNUG!

There has to be another reason why you have to choke it every time you start it...
Have you checked for air leaks in the intake system?
(loose air box cover?, crack in the intake tube?, bad carb gasket after cleaning the carb 5 times?)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE290carb1.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #8
Branger
Not Yet Wild

IMG_2956.jpg147793
Old 02-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Well, this just got weird, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
It seems I need to correct myself!
I haven't needed to do anything with my pilot jet, and I was going off of memory from what I thought others had said.
I just read through the Fuel System section of that manual,
it seems the the pilot jet should be in, and tight, and the mixture screw is actually a pilot air screw, and IT,.. should be 1 turn out!
My newer cart has a stop on the head of the screw, so it can only be adjusted a 1/2 turn.
Sorry for the confusion!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
Branger
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the clarification
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car