lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #1
defiant1
Not Yet Wild

Question Cushman brake adjustment/brake noise?

Hello,

I am noticing (at least to me) a lot of brake disc noise while the cart is underway. I have the rear deck removed off of the cart and can see the brake disc rubbing on the surface of the electric motor shaft while it is spinning. I am sorry, I do not know what the technical terms are.

The disc brake is on a yoke that pivots. Half of the brake disc is engaging the flat surface of the shaft plate at all times while underway. Is this normal? If not, how do I adjust this so I don't wear out the pad prematurely and ultimately also eliminate the noise.

Thoughts?

d1
defiant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
defiant1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman brake adjustment/brake noise?

Bump
Old 05-23-2016, 07:30 AM   #3
defiant1
Not Yet Wild

To the top. Needing to rectify this issue. If there is another forum out there that may be of better assistance, please let me know.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:25 AM   #4
defiant1
Not Yet Wild

Last bump...
Old 05-24-2016, 08:18 AM   #5
droak3168
Not Yet Wild

If this is the right system, there should be 4 nuts on the brake rod, 2 on each side of the pivot. unlock the double nuts and adjust the rear set to adjust then tighten and lock the front set to stop slip. Hope this helps

ps Make sure the spring is pulling back on the brake plate pivot

Last edited by droak3168; 05-24-2016 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: more info
droak3168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #6
defiant1
Not Yet Wild

That almost looks like the setup I have. I have sit on the seat to engage the brake release. Since the disc pivots I am having a difficult time adjusting the rod so it does not touch the drive shaft surface. Maybe I need a new return spring??? I will try and get some pictures up to show the brake system.

d1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts